More than 200 entries were submitted for the Stunning Vang Vieng photo contest, in 4 contest categories. The submissions were reviewed by an international panel comprising:
- Ms. Mattie Do (Lao-American), film director
- Mr. Cyril Eberle (French-German), independent director, creative director and photographer
- Mr. Thierry Falise (Belgian), photojournalist
- Mr. Rik Gadella (Dutch), former Director of Paris Photo; General Director of Pha Tad Ke Botanical Garden, Luang Prabang
- Mr. John McDermott (American), photographer
- Ms. Pany Saignavong (Lao), CEO and co-founder of Society Corporation (communication company) and Lao Fashion Week
- Mr. Michel Somsanouk Mixai (Lao), Vice President of the Lao Journalist Association, founder of the Vientiane Times and Le Rénovateur.
The jury selected 24 entries that were included in the exhibition of winning photographs formally opened on May 3rd, 2017, at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Vientiane. More than 100 guests attended the event at the invitation of the contest organizer, Mr. Stéphane Vigié.
The contest winners and runner-ups were formally announced during the opening part.
liquidate olanzapine price Nature & Landscapes category
- Winner: Mr Khamsavanh Naphavong, Lao, 25 years old
For: “Fantastic Vang Vieng”, March 2016
- Runner-up: Ms. Catherine Baraffe-Soudat, French
For: “Farmers”, February 2017
xenical canada Tourism category
- Winner: Mr. Anouphon Phomhacsar, Lao, 27 years old
For: “Phatang View”, January 2015
- Runner-up: Mr. Phoonsab Thevongsa, Lao, 33 years old
For: “A twilight scene of tourists crossing a wooden bridge”, December 2016
interpret http://byblosmotors.net/34999-cerazette-usa.html Local People category
- Winner: Mr. Bill Kiphavong, Lao, 27 years old
For: “Fisherman, Tad Keng Yong”, February 2017
- Runner-up: Mr. Yenok Lee, Korean, 17 years old
For: “Dignified & proud Lao man”, March 2017
serve albendazole cost Local Life category
- Winner: Ms. Catherine Baraffe-Soudat, French
For: “Local girl collecting wood”, February 2017
- Runner-up: Mr. Por Thor, Lao, 23 years old
For: “Hmong woman and her cow in Ban Nasom”, February 2017
All winners received a $400 cash prize, as well as a 2-night stay for two people at either Riverside Boutique Resort in Vang Vieng, or Villa Maly in Luang Prabang. The runner-ups received a $100 cash prize.
In addition, a Special Jury Prize was awarded to:
Mr. Sinxay Thavixay, Lao, 28 years old
For: “Hot air balloon team”, February 2017
Mr. Sinxay received a photography contract worth $500 from two hotels in Luang Prabang, Villa Maly and le Parasol Blanc.
The Stunning Vang Vieng exhibition will be held:
- At Crowne Plaza Hotel, Vientiane, until the end of August 2017
- At Riverside Boutique Resort, Vang Vieng, until the end of August 2017
- At the French Cultural Center, Luang Prabang, in October or November 2017 (dates to be confirmed)